Business Development, Customer Engagement & Digital Marketing Professional
Date of birth:
2. Business Strategy & Marketing Consultant
Independent contractor via various tech start-up companies
Assist young companies in building out their marketing framework and campaigns
• Implement CRM systems and ESP with email automation.
• Establish select social media presence.
• Outline brand voice along with 3-6 month marketing content calendars.
3. Nixplay – Hong Kong
Marketing Programs & Events Manager
Cloud-connected digital photo frames and commercial displays.
Revamped customer engagement strategy dictating marketing programs, social media campaigns, and live events, to more efficiently and effectively target consumers and enterprise customers in the US and UK. (Left to return to US.)
- Elevated email marketing program by implementing CRM with marketing automation and setting up a series of targeted drip campaigns running in parallel to entice 90,000+ contacts for ongoing subscriptions and sales.
- Launched content marketing through social media channels. Revitalized blog, established content calendar, built Pinterest community, and grew Facebook following to 9,000 fans through campaigns and sweepstakes.
- Coordinated launch strategy for new mobile app, developing digital marketing campaigns and incentive programs to secure large numbers of downloads and referrals.
- Co-planned ongoing live events and tradeshow strategy in alignment with online campaigns.
4. Urban Diversion – San Francisco
Operations Director & Partner
San Francisco-based social club producing outdoor and indoor events
Powered up this city events producer, doubling revenue in first year by expanding product mix, formalizing marketing and social media efforts, and tapping B2B market. Launched second location in Ohio in 2009.
- Sold an average of 15 new membership packages per month through a combination of online marketing, events and in-person consultations.
- Conceptualized, produced, marketed, and hosted over 30 events per month, from intimate dinner parties to 500-person theme parties with private venue, live music, catering, and corporate sponsors.
- Lined up partnerships with local businesses, garnering sponsorships/discounts from REI, Sports Basement, and several food and beverage companies, to add value to membership and justify fee hikes.
- Distributed weekly email newsletter to 10,000+ recipients, achieving 30% open rate and successfully driving traffic to web portal and Facebook page. Defined social media brand guidelines and KPIs.
- Designed corporate packages for Fortune 500 companies such as Google, Oracle, and KPMG, securing up to $300/head for day-long outings and fully-catered exclusive evening events.
Single-handedly launched new events company in Columbus within 3 months, including market research, branding, event design, web development, Twitter & Facebook campaigns, and email marketing.
Generated 3,000 members and 30 enterprise clients in year one.
5. Last Call Productions – Columbus
In-restaurant trivia service franchise in the US
Expanded this local events business from both sides of the equation, scaling number of venues as well as overall participants (online and on location) via print, web, email, events, and social media campaigns.
- Grew online following from 300 to 3,000 community members via Facebook and weekly email newsletter achieving 25% open rate and >4% CTR – inspiring nationwide roll-out of these programs.
- Through in-person consultative sales, grew city restaurant subscription network from 2 clients to 22 clients.
- Hired and trained 9 employees to facilitate events, coaching staff on customer engagement, conflict resolution, and how to handle a crowd in any situation.
- Upon moving to Hong Kong, sourced and trained replacement who has since become the Marketing Director.
6. Foodie Magazine / I Love Ltd. – Hong Kong
Associate Commercial Director
I LOVE LTD. is an online media, events and community reviews website that highlights the best businesses in Hong Kong. FOODIE MAGAZINE is a monthly publication about local F&B businesses and trends.
Built relationships with over several dozen local businesses, selling advertisement campaigns within the magazine. Was also the lead in creating a new product of live events and promotional packages designed to increase engagement with readers and grow the sales offerings of the company.
- Sold over $150,000 of advertising during tenure.
- Created and managed a new product of live promotional events. Both for reader engagement and as an additional product offering to advertising businesses.
- Built lasting relationships on both B2C and B2B sides of the company.
7. Adelaide Cellar Door – Hong Kong
Business Development & Marketing Manager
Australian-owned pair of companies selling high-end wine and yachting expeditions.
Revolutionized this events-based business by implementing stronger product strategy, introducing marketing automation, opening up B2B service offering, and optimizing client engagement – ultimately inspiring a lucrative buyout.
- Directly engaged 30-40 customers and prospects every day, using consultative selling to market tailored all-inclusive vacation packages, working with customers from initial pitch through push-off.
- Drove social media and digital marketing programs that yielded unprecedented results, growing following on Instagram and Facebook to 5,000+ fans through hugely successful image-driven contests.
- Account-managed corporate events for Moet & Chandon, BMW, and Mini Cooper, valued at up to $500,000.
- Streamlined service offerings and installed cloud CRM, cutting costs by several thousand dollars per month.
8. Maventus Group Inc. – San Francisco
Business Development & Digital Marketing Manager
SaaS social media management platform with offices in US and Asia.
Defined a singular brand voice to bind together the customer experience across web, social media, email, and event channels for this social media dashboard producer facilitating photo-sharing across top platforms in the US, Asia and Russia.
- Expanded lead database 35% to 13,000 contacts through lead-generation program, creating content giveaway campaigns, SEO-powered landing pages, and social media promotions.
- Led customer engagement programs on a freemium revenue model to generate 100-200 new, prioritized leads per week, followed up through email marketing campaigns and direct telesales program.
- Ran all aspects of Tech Crunch trade show presence, from collateral and demo video development to messaging and sales. Generated 80 leads in 1 day against historic baseline of 20 leads in 1 day.
- Deepened social media identity and company branding through “behind the scenes” viral campaigns.
1. Ferris State University
Bachelors of Integrative Studies
Completed a dual-major comprised of studies in Computer Information Systems and Experiential Education